Welcome to Swift Shift!
Logging a shift and submitting a timesheet through the Swift Shift mobile app is a great way to save time on long office visits, and not worry about losing important documents! In this article, you’ll learn how to clock into a shift, clock out of a shift, and submit your completed timesheet.
Step 1: Clocking in
1. Open Swift Shift on your mobile device or tablet, and log in with your email and password. (Can't log in or forgot your password? click here).
2. Find the shift you'd like to clock in to. You can clock into a shift from the Dashboard, Shift Details, and Notifications screens.
3. Tap "Clock-In" to open the time and date selector.
4. Set the date and time according to your actual clock-in time as it will appear on the timesheet. Once you clocked in, the shift will change to "In-Progress."
Well Done! You've completed Step 1: Clocking in. Once your shift is completed, begin Step 2: Clocking out.
Step 2: Clocking out
1. Open Swift Shift on your mobile device or tablet and log in with your email and password. (Can't log in or forgot your password? click here).
2. Find the shift you'd like to clock out of. You can clock out from the Dashboard, Shift Details, and Notifications screens.
3. Tap "Clock-Out" to open the time and date selector.
4. Set the date and time according to your actual clock out time as it will appear on the timesheet and add pictures of the completed timesheet relevant to the shift you are clocking out of.
Important note: Please make sure the images you upload are clear, easy to read, and captures the entire timesheet; so that the office staff can use it for payroll.
5. Review all the information one last time before you submit. You can also add notes here for your personal use (the office staff will not see your notes).
6. Does everything look good?
Great! To send your finalized time and timesheet, click "Submit"
Important note: Once submitted, the time and timesheet information cannot be adjusted.
7. Great job! The shift will now appear as completed. You can go back to view the submitted time and timesheet at any point from the Shift Details screen by tapping on "View" in the timesheet section.
What are the different shift statuses?
|A "Scheduled Shift" is a shift assigned to you that you haven’t clocked into yet.|
|A "Shift In Progress" is a shift that you've clocked into but haven’t clocked out of yet.|
|A "Completed Shift" is a shift you've clocked in and out of and submitted a timesheet for.|
Thanks for reading this article! We hope you found it helpful.
The Swift Shift Team
Please be an active part of the Swift Shift Support Community and let us know if you found this article helpful or not by liking, disliking and/or leaving your comments below. Your comments help us improve!